managed IT solutions
What is managed IT services?
A managed service provider (MSP) is a company that remotely manages a customer’s IT infrastructure and/or end-user systems, typically on a proactive basis and under a subscription model. All work is performed by certified professionals under a strict service level agreement (SLA); delivered over the internet. The key benefits to this model are:
- Cohesive control of information technology expenditure and reduction of department costs.
- Highly skilled input into strategic planning at the management level.
- Access to onsite information technology support services for all business days as required.
- Improved maintenance of systems.
- Introduction and management of information technology department processes and procedures.
- Improved capacity planning.
Comprehensive IT services include
Outsourced Information Technology Programs
ITMS has spent almost ten years developing, improving and updating our internal information technology systems and processes. Many of these systems are compatible with the needs of our clients. Having access to these systems means the simple and cost-effective introduction of similar systems will be provided.
As part of this program, clients are automatically included in the ITMS maintenance program. Our maintenance plans are designed to create order within a clients computing environment. Through regular maintenance of servers, workstations, and networking equipment, and through close monitoring of system log files, ITMS can monitor potential problems before they arise.
The maintenance program includes performing items such as:
- Critical system daily checks, tests and action on backups, internet access, e-mail systems, virus protection and system alerts.
- Regular scheduled maintenance and monitoring of servers and workstations including system logs, disk space, disk systems, CPU usage, memory usage, UPS logs and clearing virus quarantines.
- Performing test restores of backup data.
- Archiving data, running password checks, applying service packs and system updates.
In addition, all of our programs include our information technology management services. The role of the Information Technology Manager will be to:
- Provide direction to onsite engineering staff as needed.
- Assist in the allocation of information technology resources; including internal, outsourced and third party.
- Provide direct input into the strategic planning process as it relates to information technology.
- Control and manage (or provide consultation to management on) all information technology projects and resources.
- Liaise with and coordinate third-party information technology contractors and organizations.
- Implement management, control, and reporting systems for the information technology department.
- Create and manage (or assist with the development of) the company’s information technology budget.
- Participation in the organization at the management level.
- Liaise with internal staff members.